Stumbling

Gary gave us a list of minor problems, including:

>2. Starting when warm/hot: stumbles for several secons and then catches.
>Residual fuel pressure not be maintained? Does this about 1 out of 50
>starts.

I'm no expert - as will immediately be revealed - but our Milano was having a similar problem for a while. Then that became a reluctance to start when hot, and then a reluctance to start anytime, and then yesterday an absolute refusal to start at all. This was after I'd driven to a job interview in Arcadia, rather more than walking distance from home. But thanks to AAA+
(big fat plug there, to be repeated whenever possible) we had a free ride to Alfa Only, and after a fair amount of head-scratching and following clues, Bill said, "Probably your fuel filter." Well, dang me, but I hadn't even realized there was one under there, though since it's somewhat bigger than your average beer can I can't think how I coulda missed it. Maybe its being
covered in the same dirt as everything else down there had something to do with it...anyway, I'm sure it was either the original, or at best one that Spruell put on when they rebuilt the car just before we bought it. Bill and his helper were taking turns blowing gas out of it into a bucket, and they were both red in the face by the time it was empty. I don't see how any
gas at all was getting through there - it appeared to be only marginally more porous than a chunk of firewood. But they had a new one handy, and now we're all happy again. Even happier that it wasn't the pump!

Will