re: Ford Focus Rally (AWD comment)

> I can come up with one.  Everyone who buys an AWD car because of the
> improved traction that configuration offers is a person who might have
> bought a 4WD SUV, but didn't.  Do the math: Ford makes more money on the
SUV.

Dana, I know this is not germane to the argument, but could we
compromise and edit that to "The *typical American* who buys an AWD ..."?
As a Quattro owner I can say we absolutely are not cut of this cloth.
Oh wait, I'd better say 80% not cut of this cloth, since Audi is now
coming out with its own SUV... (someone please explain that one to me).
Oh heck, maybe I just proved your point for you...

Tess