164S spoiler painting & 16" rims

-Does anybody have experience in painting the spoiler of an S?  What's
the best way to remove the old paint, and get the new paint to stick to
the plastic?  Anything I should know BEFORE I pull it off the trunk? -I'm
concidering upgrading to a set of 16" rims.  Is there a source for those
beautiful 156 rims here?  If not who makes a good looking, well made 5x98
with the correct offset? Thank you! -Ryan '92 164S 77k