Hopped-up Focus

Jerry says:

Right now Ford sells
every SVT Focus before it even leaves the factory so
there is no market push to bring alaong the 4WD
version.  I understand that the years production is
already sold so buying one is problematic at
best...you gotta find a dealer who has not sold their
allotment.
--

True enough--if you want to be complacent.... In that cut-throat auto-
manufacturer's world though, I should think there'd be/is a fair amount of
reasoning behind a 'hopped-up' version (many other manufacturers examples): 1)
though the 'regular' versions are selling very well, the hopped-up version
will
bring new/more buyers and press for the cars. Sub 1A) Can then charge more
vis-
a-vis increased demand (if you want), Sub 1B) More people will want to buy the
'regular' versions in new or used form and the resulting aftermarket parts
etc.
2) Closely allied with Sub B above, there should be a decent 'halo' effect on
the rest of the Ford line. Isn't this what the SVT is really all about to
begin
with? Are not the 'new' GT-40, Viper etc upper-end halo cars? It seems that
recently enough certain manufacturers have let their entire line degenerate
into complete crap--then create the halo car(s) to 'reclaim' their lost
respectability. Why not not lose it in the first place? I could very well
catch
hell for all of this now, but I've already been accused of all sorts of
stuff.... Happy Snow Day.

AD

--
Adam S. Doherty