Re: alfa-digest V9 #270

> Giovanni Rizzo sez:
>
>  (Quoting Eric Storhok) - "The BMW 2002 was a much better car from a
technology
> standpoint, but the 2000 GTV kicks its butt all over the place."
>
> "This one puzzles me a a bit, dodn't the 2002 have a single cam head and
> MacPhersons as opposed to the GTV's Twin Cam and Double A-Arm setup.
> How exactly was a 2002 more advanced."
>
>WIll Owen says:
> The 2002 is a fine little car, and in most ways both more practical and
more amiable
> as a daily runner than the GTV, and to a lesser extent than the Berlina.
However,
> even though its core design is a generation newer than that of its Alfa
rivals, I
> can't agree that it is in any material way superior.

Having owned both a BMW '02 and a GTV, I can say with certainty -- this is
an apples to oranges comparison.  No matter how many parts the GTV shares
with a Berlina, it's not a sedan, and that makes all the difference.  I have
no quibble with comparing a 2002 to a Berlina, that is relevant.  As
blasphemous as this comment will be perceived here, I'd pick a 2002 over a
Berlina, I just like the looks better.  I'd also pick a Giulia over a 2002,
same reason.

Tony