RE: Hemis

Right, the thing about "hemi", much like "it's got posi", that I found
so laughable was that neither were any big deal.  Oooooohhhhhhh....... a
hemispherical combustion chamber........cool.  We all know Alfas,
Jaguars, and MANY other europeen cars had this features.............in
the 30s and 40s. It's the only way to build a head if you want it to
breathe, and we all know breathing is what makes horsepower.

Then you got "posi" which was a branded name for limited-slip, which
again, was nothing new in 1970.

Marketing doncha know.............

TJ

TJ Noto		AFM #134  	Cowpoke Racing-"Friends in Slow Places"
http://www.cowpokeracing.com
95 Ducati 916 Strada
96 Ducati Monster 900 (Chela's)
61 Ducati Falcone 80
70 Norton Commando Fastback
73 BMW 3.0 CS ("deviated from museum reliquary standard"-Perez)
97 BMW Z3 (Chela's)
77 Mercedes 280C (Mimosa)
67 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GT Veloce
00 Ford F150 Supercab