Fuel tank Sending Unit & Remote Battery Kit

       The opening in the fuel tank for the fuel gauge sending unit in the
GTV and the later Bosch spiders are all the same size and number of bolts.
The later intank pump should work fine and I guess the sending unit will work
fine.
       The main problem is the GTV gas tank outlet is underneath and would
have to be plugged.  Then a half inch fuel line would have to be run from the
sending unit / intank unit to the main fuel pump.
       Keep in mind that the only purpose of the in tank pump is to move fuel
over the rear axle hump to the main Bosch fuel pump.  The Bosch pump has
almost no suction ability and has to be supplied with fuel.
       A second problem could creep up on earlier GTV's.  Your 74 tank should
be the same size & depth as the spider tank.  The 73 GTV and maybe the 72 had
a larger (deeper) tank.
       Now, why do you want to fit an intank fuel pump to a GTV?

       The negative to moving the battery to the trunk is the length of cable
and the size.  Use too small a cable and you will have voltage drop at the
starter.  The battery should work better and longer in the cooler environment
of the trunk.

Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City