164 Inner/Outer Tie Rods

Hello Alfisti,

Hey I was do a weekend tie rod replacement project on my 164L and i was wondering if anybody had some tricks to share. The problem areas I am hitting are the adjustment bolt  between the inner and outer tie rod (the one used for  alignment), i can't get good enough leverage to crack it away from the rust. Does anybody recommend applying heat? The other area I am having difficulty with is where the inner tie rod attaches to the rack. How do you grip the circular piece to begin unscrewing it from the rack base? Anybody who has done this maintenance please shoot me an email it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Keith Strini

91 164L

Systems Engineer