Re: Fuel efficiency Kyoto, and Hydrogen Fantasies

At 9:41 PM 2/8/03, GLewis4457@domain.elided wrote:
>As usual we are getting faux facts from those who THINK they know the REAL
>answers.  Example, that in order to produce hydrogen we would have to produce
>enormous amounts of electricity in order to produce hydrogen by electrolysis.
> That would be correct...IF that were how they were going to get the
>hydrogen.  In reality, the current hydrogen fueled vehicles, the Honda for
>example, gets its hydrogen from a fuel cell that uses NATURAL GAS and the USA
>is the Saudia Arabia of natural gas.  The current hydrogen fueled vehicles
>are, overall, about 10% more efficient than diesel.
>
>You all need to learn something from the buggy whip salesmen.

Yep. after all, it makes all sorts of sense to make approx 75 octane fuel
which is horrendously difficult and dangerous to store handle and use out
of 130 octane fuel (which is, BTW, only seriously difficult to store), and
to use/waste significant amounts of energy in doing so !! JUST the way to
be economically wise and ecologically prudent !

Maybe the assorted eco-nazis and whack-o's think we should use all the left
over carbon to make toner for their laser printers ?? Or mebbe they think
pencil lead would be better ?? QUICK--think up a way to make wood free
pencils !!

Also. do a little bit of research into what is presently under development
with regard to the effective use of shale energy reserves., and the size of
those reserves, if you think the USA is _ONLY_ the natural gas capital of
the world.

Greg