head gasket I presume ...

I just drained the coolant from my spider. The coolant color is pale, although it doesn't look murky or cloudy. At the filler spout of the radiator there was definitely some "muck" collected - gray colored and very viscous - like jam - I could scoop it out with my finger. It seems like a head gasket is in order. Is there something else it could be?