GTV2000 engine swap?

Hi all,

1) Does anybody know how much a '73-74 GTV2000 f.i. engine weighs with all
engine-mounted accessories but not including fluids?

2) At the risk of outraging all self-respecting Alfisti, has anybody
successfully swapped into a GTV2000 without butchering it a
larger-displacement (i.e. 3.0 - 4.0 liters) all-aluminum engine from either
some other Alfa or another manufacturer?

I love the looks and handling of my '73 GTV2000, but it is sorely lacking in
the 'go-power' department. A respected local Alfa mechanic did a compression
test and test-drove it, and concluded it is a "good-running Alfa" as opposed
to having a sick engine.

I'm told with the usual hop-up modifications the power can be boosted to
about 160 HP, but that power is only achieved at 6,000-7,000 RPM. I'm more
interested in increasing power in my daily-driving engine speeds of off-idle
to 3-5,000 RPM.

I'm not keen on turbocharging, and I've not heard of a supercharging kit for
a GTV2000. I've done engine swaps off and on for 40 years in American and
British iron, and I'm wondering what the alternatives are for installing in
my GTV a lightweight engine with substantially  more displacement that is
light enough to not upset the Alfa's weight balance and make it a nose-heavy
beast. Somebody out there has bound to have done it and lived to tell about
it.

Thanks in advance.

John Doak in Baltimore, MD