Re: GTV6 FAILED SMOG TEST / O2 Sensors

The size and pitch are exactly the same as an 18mm spark plug.  There are
weld-on bungs you can buy from a number of sources to fit a sensor where
there isn't one.  Most exhaust shops stock these, and many of the kits
to fit a display come with them.

The one wire sensors are unheated.  For your purposes, that's may be OK.
However, for an engine management system, it's not, since the sensor
has to operate properly for the system to operate properly.  Unheated
sensors give a false signal until they're hot enough.  If they're far
enough away from the exhaust ports (which they probably are on a GTV6
or Milano), they'll never get hot enough just from exhaust temperature,
so the reading will always be wrong.  Unheated sensors also tend to have
a shorter lifespan than heated sensors.  Spend the extra $20 on a three
or four wire sensor (the extra wires are for the heater, the fourth wire,
if present, is a dedicated ground for the signal).

james montebello