164 Timing Belt Job

About to replace the timing belt on my new-to-me 1991 164L. I have all the
parts assembled, but need a quick clarification just to be sure the parts I
have are the right parts. I'm replacing the Alfa mechanical belt tensioner
with the manual tensioner from AlfaHeaven.com. I have the bearing, and I have
the bearing cam from an old oil-type tensioner. The question I have is...does
the bearing cam fit easily into the bearing, or does it need some force to
get it in (maybe pressing or a bit of pounding with a rubber mallet)? The one
I have certainly doesn't just slide into the bearing...and the last thing I
want to do is press the thing in if I just have the wrong bearing in the
first place.

TIA!

--Erik