Milano Injection Woe - Please Help!

Hi
I am looking for some advice on getting my 1987 Milano Gold to go Vroom Vroom.
I bought this car as non-running about one year ago. It had obviously jumped cam timing but otherwise was a clean example with 62K miles. It had been sitting for a while too.
I changed the belt and tryed to start it but it seemed to be getting no fuel. I had the injectors cleaned and calibrated at the local diesel injector shop. The pressure relief valve was bad so I swapped that and the fuel pump out of my running GTV-6 (needs guibos) and the cold-start injector also.
It would now crank and kick off the cold start and I could run it a bit longer at idle by sticking a gas-soaked rag in the intake box (don't try this at home).
So I guess I am pretty sure it is in the electronics.
I tried the ECU from the GTV-6 with no luck. Would the 1981 GTV-6 ECU work in the Milano?
Is there some way to check the ECU?
Any other ideas as to what might be the problem?
Thanks in advance!!
John
alfadog
'87 Milano