Re: 75/Milano brakes for Alfetta

James Montebello wrote:

"It will be interesting to see how the Alfetta master cylinder will deal
with the 75 calipers front and rear.  The sizes are almost certainly
different.  If they're bigger, you may find yourself with an arrangement
that has a much longer pedal travel, and has a "needs to be bled" feel no
matter how good a job you do at bleeding.  If so, you'll need a larger
master cylinder to bring back the stock pedal feel.  The Milano master
cylinder might not work, as many of these cars came with ABS (at least in
the US).  A GTV6 master cylinder might work."

If the Milano is not an ABS version (Platinum or Verde in the US, no idea
elsewhere), then the master cylinder should be the same as that in a GTV6.
I bought a new ATE master cylinder for my old GTV6 from Alfa Ricambi, before
I discovered just how many holes were in my GTV6's bodywork.  The box lists
both GTV6 and Milano applications on it.  If someone wants to verify that
the part numbers are the same, that would be nice.

I'm keeping the master cylinder for the time being on the theory that
if/when the ABS in my Verde gives up the ghost, I can convert over to
non-ABS brakes.  For the ABS/non-ABS conversion, I think a number of other
parts are also necessary.  It would be a lot of work to put ABS in an
Alfetta, and given the lack of support for the Milano ABS I doubt it would
be worth it.

Dave J.
1987 Milano Verde (with working ABS but a spun rod bearing)
1964 2600 Sprint
1982 GTV6 (body long departed, but many parts still for sale - need
anything?)