Project & Ideas

Further to my prior question on Alfetta steering I thought I'd run a few
ideas past the digesti for discussion.

I am in the planning stages of making a homebuilt spaceframe chassis to
accept Alfetta (2L) running gear (transaxle, engine, dedion, etc)   I have a
few loose ideas of what I'm after and at this stage am very keen on building
either a single or two seat car with 1930-1940's retro style bodywork.  Body
needs to be as simple as possible, so not too many complex curves.

Anyway, I thought it might be possible to connect the twin cam straight up
to the transaxle for a mid engine design.  Thoughts ???  It would still be a
rather long combination but I dont fancy sitting the family jewels 1" above
a propshaft spinning at engine RPM, as would be the case in front
engine/rear drive.  Front/rear configuration would also require a high
seating position to clear clutch housing and propshaft

Would I need to make an adapter bellhousing to secure g'box to engine ?

Would a very short propshaft suffice, or would the flex between engine and
box trash everything ?

What about simply using one donut to join the two ?

Has anyone ever heard of a kit to graft a transaxle directly onto the back
of a twincam (or V6) and what about converting the clutch assy to 'normal'
configuration against an engine mounted flywheel.

Cost is of course the deciding factor so I will probably go with standard
Alfetta layout.   I believe the retro style body will allow a high seating
position without looking absurd, but I thought I'd try this vast pool of
knowledge !!!  There is no such thing as a dumb idea so all contributions
are willingly accepted.

TIA

Beatle
Oz

[demime 0.99c.7 removed an attachment of type image/gif]