Devastatingly serious problem...

Alfisti,
Those of us who own GTV-6/Milano cars have probably experienced a plenum explosion at one time or another, probably a habit from owning carbed cars makes us automatically goose the throttle on startup. I have learned to leave the intake hose between my airbox and plenum slightly less than really tight so there is somewhere for the explosion to go. If everything is really tight the airbox flapper door will end up taking the brunt of the explosion likely bending the airbox door and making it unfit for exchange. Many rebuilders won't accept them in this case so be careful. I would rather refit some hoses and clamps than pay for a new AFM.

Must admit to hearing the "boom" more than once. Scary.

Andrew Lamb
andyl41@domain.elided
63 Giulia Spider
65 Giulia Spider Veloce