Re: LS won't start in the rain

Hi Graham,

From my recollection, the design of the 164LS puts the
ECU in a position between the firewall and false
firewall that collects water - but not to the point of
submerging the ECU. What I understand happens is that
the evaporating moisture condenses in the ECU, and
(yes) a fungus can grow in there, shorting out the
works. While this hasn't happened to me, I did read
about this happening to one other LS/Super owner.

Adam
'94 164LS (currently in dry dock and awaiting strange
sound diagnosis this weekend)
'70 Triumph Spitfire Mk3
http://mailplus.yahoo.com