eBay primer

As an experienced eBay buyer and seller (shameless plug: "studbkr") I find that exaggerated condition or quality, and shipping & handling charges are quite frequent areas of dispute. Outright fraud is less common and usually applies to high-value items.

Buy only from those with extensive positive track records, be sure you know all transaction costs before you bid, and ask alot of questions if anything else is not clear. Alot like buying a used car...

Ebay is not much different than meeting a shady character in an alley that says "pssst, buddy, I've got a deal for you, gimme your money now and wait here and I'll be back in a minute with the goods" unless his/her previous customers have provided positive feedback. (Yes, this makes it hard for new sellers to get started. Start with simple items, low value items and carefully build a track record.)

Alfa content? (not directly, but it is an important venue to keep unusual older cars on the road)

Be careful out there!

Karl