Re: alternatives to Hagerty Classic Insurance? - Hang in there.

I'll second that. My (short) experience last July was very low cost, no problem at all for a 77 Spider that would be an "occasional driver", and no problem with my 97 (so ancient!) Saturn being the daily driver.

They even started me up over the phone, with a 30 day coverage till my full year payment came up, but when I found out the car needed major work I ended up letting it lapse since it's been off the road since then.

I agree, I think you got "the new guy"... ;-)

Jon and Marcia

77 Spider (soon, SOON, there will be more spare time!)

Dear Deane: You must have gotten a newbie behind the desk at Hagerty. What a lousy attitude that guy has! I want to make a suggestion since I've been a Hagerty customer (with pleasant stories) for the last five years). Go back to this guy and ask him why, Hagerty issued a "agreed value" policy with effective date 06/07/02 for one year through CNA Personal Insurance to Marc Mosko of Hollywood, Florida covering his '74 GTV for $15,000 and his '65 Giulia Veloce Spider for $50,000 (fifty thousand)? Policy number 191502516, premiums for one year are: Liability ($500,000) - $41, Uninsured motorist ($100,000) - $12, medical payments ($5000), personal injury protection ($10,000 per person) - $4 and '74 GTV premium for collision and theft ($15,000) is $90 and '65 Spider Veloce ($50,000) is $300.
Marc Mosko