Theft deterrence

Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 01:06:56 -0800
From: Stacy Faught <slfaught@domain.elided>
Subject: spider anti-theft

I don't mean to be disrespectful here, but don't you think that any "pro" car
thief would have a knob similar that they could screw right in?

Maybe, but around here at least, there are extremely few Alfas stolen. Like almost zero, according to an Alfista Portland Police Sergeant who watches such things.

Like the steering wheel lock, I assume only a measure of deterrence. Really determined thieves could doubtless haul it off with a flatbed, even if I took the crankshaft out with me.

Ya lives ya life and ya takes ya chances.

Cheers,
Joe