RE: 86 Spider - Who's (which cam cap) on first?

<snip>
Jeff wrote;

> I believe that the cam timing for an '86 is quite different from intake to
> exhaust so yes, this could in fact be the problem. Also make sure that the
> variable cam timing device is working properly. I've fixed a few
> cars where
> the circuitry inside the white plastic cap that fits onto the cam solenoid
> have failed. The procedure to verify the proper operation of this
> is in the
> factory repair manual.

<snip>

Jeff, I looked all through my car disk looking for the VVT check. I found
how to adjust it, but not how to check it.  Could you or someone point me to
the section or explain how this check is done?

Thanks,
Mike
91 Spider (Rosa)