86 Spider - Who's (which cam cap) on first?

After a rebuild (rings up) on 110K Graduate, last summer, I had a very lumpy idle.  One possibility was that I had gotten the front bearing caps with the timing marks reversed.  I know the caps have numbers stamped on them but I can't find any notation in my manual as to which one is Number One - exhaust side or intake side.  Convention would suggest the intake side is numero Uno - Yes?

If anyone knows for SURE, please chime in.

Thanks,

Don
PS.  If the caps were reversed, would this be enough to throw the timing/idle off?