Re: TRX and slow moving window TRIX

My 1980 SAAB 900 GLE came with TRX wheels and tires.  When available Sears
had the best price for the Michelin with Sears on the sidewall.  Sears also
offered for sale a TRX upgrade package for a while.  After market TRX wheels
from someplace and the Sears version of the tire.  The SAAB wheels were like
Turbinas.  They did look good, in fact just as I was moving to North
Carolina in 1987 I was trying to sell the car instead of transport it.  It
didn't sell but someone that came to look at it declined to buy the car but
offered me cash plus the wheels and fairly new Pirellis from his 82 900 in
exchange for the TRX wheels and tires.  The tires weren't great and
replacement tires were on national back order from Michelin, no one had any.

That SAAB is indirectly why I found and purchased the 76 Alfetta GT.  A
deviant was passing stopped traffic one frosty morning, on the right, on the
grass, at speed.  He lost control and got sideways.  When he found traction
he came up out of the gentle ditch of a shoulder right into the right front
fender of that SAAB.  I heard a noise but was distracted by the yellow lines
moving under the car from left to right as he pushed me into the on coming
traffic lane.  A Pontiac LeMans in the right fender and an Isuzu Trooper
bearing down on the front.  Luckily the Isuzu stopped.

Allstate wrote me a nice check and then I stumbled across the ad for the
Alfetta.  I only stopped to drive it because a friend had once had two that
he was making one out of.  I never got to ride in his but his excitement and
passion convinced me that I should drive it to see what this Alfa thing is
all about.  But I wasn't going to buy it, just drive it.  What harm could
that do?

Wayne Abbott
76 Alfetta GT
86 Spider Graduate
87 Milano Gold

For the window problem.  on my wife's Ford Aerostar the power windows will
slow and then eventually bind.  Generous applications of spray silicone down
the track or guide at the edges of the glass will keep them operating
smoothly for about a year.

Wayne
Durham, NC