Springs for GTV2000

Hello all,

I recently bought a 1974 GTV2000 in which the previous owner had installed
new KYB non-adjustable shocks and red-painted aftermarket springs all around
(he didn't know the make or brand of the springs and no longer had the
receipt). The car handled like a slot car but rode hard enough to shake the
fillings out of your teeth, so I replaced the rear springs with used stock
rear springs I found on eBay. That made a noticeable improvement in the ride
without hurting the handling (by my standards). I'm still looking for a pair
of new or good condition used FRONT springs, and if anyone out there has a
set I'd like to buy them.

I'm told that the early 1970's GTV's use the same front springs as the
Spyders (Spiders?). Is that true? If trtue, does anyone have a pair of Spyder
front springs in good shape they would like to sell?

Finally, I'm told that KYB shocks are very commonly used on GTV's, but I'm
wondering if they are known for a stiff and/or jarring ride compared to other
brands like Bilsteins. (I had Bilstein gas shocks on a Saab Trubo I once
owned, and that car was so harsh-riding my wife didn't want to ride in it!).

Thanks in advance.

John Doak in Baltimore, MD