164 stuck driver door

Today, the driver door on my 164 stopped working. Cannot open it from the
inside or outside. Replaced the outer door handle recently and has been
working fine. I notice it now moves to easily with no resistance about half
way through the pull. Maybe a linkage fell off inside. Meanwhile, the door is
shut. Is there a way of opening the door without using the normal handles?
Like maybe a secret little hole somewhere to insert a rod or some such thing?
Any help is most appreciated.

Ed Parise

91 164L
88 Milano