Re: New Cool Internet Alfa Hangout

Tony,

>> Given the stir caused by the AlfaBB episode,
>> where's the fusillade towards this post?
>> Our outrage seems inconsistent. .

No, not really.

The promoters of the AlfaBB site stole the email
addresses from RIchard's site, and then spammed those
email addresses directly. I find that to be totally
offensive.

Even as an administrator of an official Alfa Club and
website, I reject completely any notion that any form
of spamming is acceptable.

While even one such SPAM message is far too many, I
recieved several such messages from the AlfaBB
promoters. I know that others did as well.

By way of contrast, this was a single posting, in the
one location. That's a very different situation IMHO.
While I perhaps might not accept that it's the correct
place for this, it's nowhere near as offensive or
invasive as SPAM.

Also, this one appears to (but might not) be from
someone who saw the site and liked it, and was
recommending it to others. Permitting the benefit of
the doubt, I think that it's little different than
telling the group that there's an interesting
Milano/bumper car/whatever on an auction page.

As I said, I do think there's a very different set of
circumstances at play here.

g.
Gary Stark
gstark@domain.elided