Heel and toe mod

At 06:19 PM 1/7/2003 +0000, you wrote:
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 11:52:14 -0500
From: "Paul  Misencik" <paul@domain.elided>
Subject: Re: matching revs...

After searching the archives, I see repeated reference to a "Shankle Heel
and Toe" kit for the Spider.  Does anyone know if these are still available?
Or, alternately, can anyone explain in some detail what it is in the hopes
that perhaps I could fabricate something similar?

I'm willing to go to pretty great lengths to solve this, even if it means
having something machined and fabricated from scratch.
Paul,
I don't know if the Shankle kit is available, but my Spider came with a perfectly suitable substitute made from two pieces of 1/8" aluminum. All they do is lengthen the lever arm and mounting point of the throttle linkage on the firewall, so less pedal travel gives more throttle response.

I don't remember whether they would work with a Bosch injected car or not.

Several of us around here have achieved the same effect by removing the throttle pedal from its arm, drilling new holes in the flange on the back of the pedal, moving it up on the arm, and remounting it. Easy, quick, and free.

Cheers,
Joe
Portland, OR
Around here, several of us have accomplished the --