Twin Sparks in 105/115

Brian said in reference to putting a Twin Spark in a 105/115 chassis:
"Slight correction, they won't slip right in, an engine from a 75 will
require the crank to be drilled before it will mate up with a 105/115
transmission."

Kelly the TwinSpark guru can elaborate further, but against all odds and
logic, some of these Twin Spark transaxle engines DO have drilled
crankshafts that will accept a front-mounted transmission.  I believe the
engine in Kelly's Spider did not need a crank transplant to fit, and I
saw with my own eyes another engine Kelly got for a guy here in Berkeley,
which unquestionably was drilled.  Why Alfa would do so is another
matter; perhaps the cranks are from the same batch as Spider cranks? Who
knows.  But I've seen it firsthand.

Andrew Watry