Milano Radiator Water level indicator

Digestives,

The float on the sensor for the water in the Radiator Overflow
tank appears to be water logged and is giving me an alarm on the
ARC.

So far I have dried it out in the Wife's oven twice, and used,
firstly, silicone sealant, and secondly, nail polish to try and
seal the surface of the "cork-like" float.

The silicone was more successful.  However two days without the
light is not a success.

There must be some clever solution that I can coat it in to get a
result.  I had no idea that Ethelyne Glycol was so invasive.

The wife is going to catch me soon if I keep using the oven.

Cheers,
david
--
David Masters, 1989 ALFA75 Twin Spark.