Biba's Imbibing

Quoth Biba:

"Dear Tess, okay, I'll admit there is something very special about single
malt whiskies, but don't you think all the fussy stuff one's supposed to
know before being allowed to even open a decent bottle of wine
is...well...rather girly?

"Oh yeah, I've heard tell a few guys actually drink the stuff, but sort
of makes you wonder doesn't it?"

Wellllll....don't you think getting all worked up about how perfect and shiny your car is is...well...just a tad sissy, too? In
fact, getting all sappy about any vehicle less macho than a jeep, truck, or tractor could perhaps indicate a certain, um, lightness
of foot...

Now, though I have never actually seen Biba drink wine, there's usually quite a lot of it around when he hosts Car Night, and it
sure ain't just the women in attendance who make it disappear like it got sucked up a shop vac. (In fact, my own special sidekick
doesn't drink the stuff at all, but does like any "fine, manly" microbrew she can get her mitts on. She also wants her steak cooked
just enough so a good vet could have it back on its feet, if you must know.) No, there must be a few guys drinking it, too, and I
can't think of any in that group whose cojones I'd care to call into question. Not just right out, like.

Anyhow, his drinking habits etc. aside (and Gawd yes, Biba IS "fond" of women), the guy did roll one delicious Giulietta, and I'm
tickled to have seen it at various stages over the past year as he solved one little puzzle after another. If I can ever afford this
guy's services I'd be glad to trust him with any project. I think I'd insist a lesser degree of finish, though, since any car of
mine will certainly spend a fair amount of time in ethnic market parking lots, and other similarly unsalubrious environments...

Will Owen