Re: Cardisk to HTML

"John Katos" <john_katos@domain.elided> wrote:

> I found a copy of version 3 on an old computer. It is a DOS program written
> by Thomas Washburn. I am trying to contact Thomas and if it is O.K. with him
> I will post it on the Chicago AROC site for download.

Actually, cd2html is a command-line Windows program.  It won't run under DOS.

I wrote cd2html years ago.  It can only handle old-style Cardiscs.  I believe
Cardisc has changed their database format, so cd2html probably won't work with
the Cardiscs they're selling today.

Cd2html version 3 was the last one I released.  It is pretty much alpha-quality
software (no pun intended) so it may not work at all on your system.  That said,
a lot of folks have reported success converting their Cardiscs.

The utility requires that the Microsoft Access ODBC driver be installed on your
system.  I think it is (or was) installed automatically with Microsoft Office.
Microsoft used to give it away for free on their web site.  Perhaps it comes
with the OS nowadays.

By the way, my cd2html utility has nothing to do with the contact-sheet program
of the same name that's available at http://www.cd2html.de.

Feel free to make as many copies of cd2html as you like or share it with
whomever.  Just remember that as with most software, it comes with NO WARRANTY.
Good luck!

Regards,
-Tom
thomasw@domain.elided