Re: alfa-digest V9 #152 - Spider clutch issue?

       Sounds like the throw out bearing is going south.  It rests lightly
against the pressure plate at rest - thus turning and making noise.  If the
noise goes away with any pressure on the clutch pedal, the bearing is
probably still good for a period of time.
       I am not sure I would pull the transmission just to replace it unless
it gets worse.  And if you do pull the transmission, just as well replace the
clutch disk.  The pressure plate can probably be reused.
       And while the transmission is out, consider having a new synchronizer
put on second and third gears.  And do the Giubo and the U joints and the
center carrier in the drive shaft.  Have we spent all your money yet?

Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City