Re: Engine mount replacement

Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 14:17:40 -0500
From: "Damien Gaboury" <dgaboury@domain.elided>
Subject: Engine mount replacement

hi all listers,

>On my 86 spider, the engine mounts look very old and have some extensional
crack within them. Is it possible to replace those mounts without removing
the
engine, by just jacking it with a hydraulic jack below the sump.<

Yes, it is possible.  The driver's side is a snap.  The passenger side, on the
other hand............
I have been told you must remove the fuel injection system to access it.  That
was after I had changed a couple of them without doing that!  Then I changed
another one just to make sure!
There is a support rod that runs from the motor mount to the bottom of the
manifold that makes the mount replacement a rather interesting endeavor, but
it can be done.
Skip
67 Duetto
Norfolk Va