'94 Spider Speedo problem

The speedo & odometer quit working in my 94 Spider this summer.  After
checking to make sure the cable was turning when rotating the rear wheels, I
sent the head unit and sender to Palo Alto Speedo.  They re-calibrated the
unit and said I needed a new sender.  I put in a new sender and reinstalled
the unit, but it still failed to work.  I then sent the unit and the new
sender to PAS, they checked both and said they were fine, but suggested I
replace the cable too.  I'm now ready to reinstall everything again,
including a new cable, but I'm wondering if there is anything else I should
check.  BTW, if anyone wants some tips on removing the instrument cluster,
let me know, I'm getting real proficient at it!

Vic Melchiorre