attachments on the digest (was Re: Guila Super photos)

On Mon, 23 Dec 2002 16:13:36 -0500 Chris Packard <cpack@domain.elided> wrote:

> Greetings
> I did not realize the site would not take attachments so I could not
> show the car I am breaking for parts. I have added a website with the
> photos.

excellent idea. a website with photos is the best way to publish this sort
of stuff.

the quasi-standard digest format that we use is extremely incompatible with
the mime standard for attachments. the result is that attachments usually
screw things up royally, which is why they are stripped out.

additionally, photos are really really large and digest members who are on
a dial up account may not appreciate having to receive them.

that's why things are set up the way they are set up,
   richard