CA smogging

I want to thank all of you who responded both on and off-line.
Apparently I'm not the only one who is confused on this issue. As
several pointed out the '75 Alfetta has one more (dreaded) smog test in
its future - provided the CA legislature doesn't change the rules once
again.

I gather the smog station owners have a pretty healthy (for them) lobby
in Sacramento. Was it '96 or '97 73's first became exempt? At that time
the next year 74's would be exempt, then (finally) 75's, etc.

I wonder how many 25 year old cars are still being driven on the
highways and byways of CA. I Do Not wonder how many SUV's and pick-ups
are currently registered in CA. Pleeeease, don't feel compelled to reply
to the last comment. It's been done - to death.

Biba
(Sitting around waiting for 2005 to arrive in) Irwindale, CA USA