re: oil leak - fresh 2-litre

Thanks to those who offered suggestions regarding my oil leak!  I am
narrowing down the possibilities.  Wherever the oil is coming from, it seems
to be running down the top of the front cover casting that covers the spica
belt.  Unless the fan is really blowing the upward, it can't be coming from
the front seal.  Likewise, it wouldn't be there if the source were the Spica
pump mounting itself, or the front cover where the o-ring seats.  That leaves
2 places that I can think of, the bottom of the water pump housing or the
tachometer drive.  Someone previously mentioned that the water pump has
pressurized oil.  It seems to me it would only see splashed oil that is
directed to the tach drive?  In any event, its still hard to believe that the
amount of oil leaking is not from a pressurized source.  My next step is to
pull the radiator etc. so I can get the water pump off.  Whatever it turns
out to be, I'll be sure to let the list know!

Erik Wood
Batavia, IL