From: owner-alfa@domain.elided [mailto:owner-alfa@domain.elided]On Behalf Of
James Lee
Sent: Thursday, December 05, 2002 9:41 PM
To: alfa@domain.elided
Subject: Spider Suspension Knocks

90 Spider Grad.

When I hang a right turn there is a repeating knocking sound coming from the
front right of the car.  It only happens when I hit the turns farily hard
(enough to compress the left side suspension).  It does not seem to be
dependent on either speed or the radius of the turn, but just the net effect
of both.  My guess is that the right front tire gets light enough to allow
something to move around.

I suspect I have some play somewhere, but where?

Looking for advice on where to start looking, common problems, etc.

The only changes to the car recently were a set of new Yokohama AVID H4s and
an adjustment of the sterring box.  There is still a bit of play in the
steering and no binding that I can feel, so I don't think that is the
problem, but it was the last thing I touched.

Thanks,

James