Switching from DOT 5 silicone to DOT 4

My Milano's brake master cylinder recently failed, & in my search of the
car's service records to see if it had recently been replaced, I found that
the brake & clutch hydraulics had been converted to DOT 5 silicone fluid.
It was done in '93, & no brake hydraulic components were replaced at that
time.

What possible problems could be encountered in switching from silicone to
DOT 4?  I would prefer to go to DOT 4 because I don't like silicone fluid's
high air content, & I have 2 unopened liters of ATE blue on hand.

Michael Keith
Houston, TX
'87 Milano Gold