Re: Milano bushings, also Milano clutch question

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bain, Bill" <Bill.Bain@domain.elided>
To: "'Alfa Digest'" <alfa-digest@domain.elided>
Sent: Monday, November 25, 2002 9:20 AM
Subject: Milano bushings, also Milano clutch question

> I believe that a polyurethane bushing for the "nose" of the deDion tube
> is available from Andy Kresse.  Andy, you out there?
>
> How difficult is it to replace a Milano clutch?  I think mine is going
> South since it feels like it's chattering under modest acceleration.
> First the rear caliper, now the clutch -- She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed is
> going to be rather displeased about this . .
>
> I vaguely recall a web page about replacing the faulty oil pressure
> idiot light sender with a resistor.  Can anyone point me in the right
> direction?   .  ..
>
> Bill Bain
> AROC Atlanta
> '83 Spider (sick in the garage with suspension problems)
> '87 Milano (won't go and won't stop once it goes . . . What a
> combination!)
> --

Bill,

No help on the web site but I had a similar problem with the oil level
indicator on the 164.  I inserted a 120 ohm 1/2 watt resistor where the
wires plug into the sender unit.  Light went out when the right resistance
is present.  Sensor works through a bimetal plate in series with a wound
resistor.  When oil level is low, bimetal plate can not disspate the heat;
contacts open the ground to the control unit.   Light goes on.  Can't
remember  where I got the 120 ohm number but it was not a guess.  Might be
on the old archive.

Hope this helps,

Don