Motronic airflow meter resistance?

Fellow digesti,

Has anyone measured the electrical resistance of the
airflow meter on a motronic? I suspect mine might be
bad. When the flap is moved from closed to completely
open, the resistance starts around 380 Ohm, goes up to
950 or so Ohms, then drops back to somewhere around
400 ohms. I am under the impression that it is
supposed to increase linearly until the fully open
position. Why is it that if something breaks on your
car, it has to be the most expensive part on the whole
freakin car? I am measuring the resistance between the
2nd and third pin on the connector.

Thanks

Ken
Sarasota, FL