spider speedo and rearview mirror.

 Dear all, For any of you that have a lazy speedo in a spider - I opened mine up to tweek the trimp pot on the speedo as suggested  by a fellow alfista. The resistance reading was about 70 ohm First I increased to 150 ohm but that made it NOT move at all. I went the other way (counterclockwise) to 20 ohm that made it slightly better. Looks llike I'll have to go to 0 ohm to get some noticeble improvement - after that ,the speedo shop. Personally I believe that the problem is somewhere else in the circuit that necessitates a lower rsistance on the trim pot. If anybody has any other suggestions I'll listen. Thanks to Mr. Krause for getting me this far. in addition I resolved to take apart the fogged up rearview mirror to check it out before throwing it away and payng $56 for a new one. I realized that unlike any other rearview mirrors  in any cars that I owned, this one has a regular piece of glass protecting the actual mirror, and that this was dirty on the inside. a little windex and paper towel resolved the problem. I'm so happy I finally fixed something - I just wanted to let all of you know. TonyG87 gradPequannock NJ.(I haven't forgotten you Roy, I just lost your number.)