Re: 164 interior leaks

Glenn Wasserman writes:
"There seems to be some moisture getting into my car when it rains. A few
months ago after leaving it parked outside in a heavy rain, I saw a
splash of water run down the rear C-pillar, from the headliner."

Sounds like to me your sunroof drains are clogged, Glenn.  If you look in
each corner of the sunroof panel recess you'll note openings.  Run a length
of coat hanger wire down these tubes to dislodge the crud that builds up over
time.  There is a plastic tube that is attached to each nipple at the four
corners, and these tubes lead down along the A and C pillars, discharging
through bulkheads onto the ground.  The front tubes are visible in the
extreme corner of the base of the A pillar, below the windshield.  The rears
are visible by removing the trunk side trim, as I recall.  I believe they
also have a black plastic split cap on the ends... I took these off when I
used to do this job on our ex-LS, to permit free discharge of the maple
seeds, twigs and general crud.  Most of this stuff will be toward the ends of
the tubes.

Dave Jarman
Lexington, KY
USA