RE: What the hell is a "jack point cover?

Martin

Most cars built since sometime in the 80s have some kind of
bodywork/cladding on the sills. Jacking points are usually located in, on or
under the sills and are therefore covered by the bodywork/cladding. In order
to use the factory jack, you usually need access to the jacking point so,
you need a hole. When you're not using the jacking point, which is most of
the time (hopefully), you don't want an ugly hole so, a jacking point cover
is used to cover the hole.

Look at any Milano/75 and you will see what I mean. Most of them are missing
the covers by now.

I hope this clears up any confusion or ignorance.

nk