Racist drivel on the Alfa Digest

Zak wrote:

>I am not entirely sure who spouted the drivel . . . this abhorrent
crap, in future please keep this sort of rubbish off the list. For what
it's worth, the Japanese have produced and continue to produce today
some very excellent motor cars.>

    Thank you for saying what needed to be said, Zak.
    I've been scrolling through a few Alfa Digests, reading the posts
critical of the Japanese auto industry for various perceived
transgressions, thinking about the many acts various nationalities have
committed that lend themselves to nefarious interpretation.
    I debated with myself whether to flip on the blue lights and post a
summons to the original writer.  I've done something like that in the
past and found myself a bit hesitant to do it again -- not sure why.
    Then I saw your post and saw I didn't need to.  I know Richard Welty
maintains that the Digest is not a democracy.  He's right.  He provides
the framework and the opportunity for us to share thoughts and
passions.  Regardless, though, the Digest reflects a community of sorts
and we all have some responsibility for maintaining an appropriate tenor
to its content and some propriety to its appearance.  You go, Zak.
    Best regards.

Doug
Second Lieutenant,
Drivel Police

[demime 0.99c.7 removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of dharris.vcf]