Grill "trademarks"

Joe Elliot said:

"I've wondered about this since I was little kid.  I realize that it's
a moot point in the USA where Lancia doesn't have a presence, but can
Mitsubishi really use Lancia's 'corporate grille' all over the world
without any kind of legal action being taken?  It seems to me that
grille design like that could be some sort of registered trademark.
Wouldn't BMW sue them if they tried putting two chrome rectangles on
the front of their cars?"

This is exactly what happened when Jeep/Chrysler/Daimler  sued (is suing)
"Hummer" over their 7-slot (?) grill config. over the past year.....

--
Adam S. Doherty
Howard Hughes Medical Institute

Phone: 215-898-7806