Milano Verde - Modifications

Ahoy Digestibles!

I have bought a 1987 Verde (yahoo!!).  As an addition to my two other Alfas,
this is a car I have always (well, since '87 anyway!) wanted to own.  I have
access and knowledge about how and where to go to get parts, etc. but would
really prefer to avoid making mistakes as I modify the car to suit my
tastes.  I would like to get some of your advice on what kinds of
modifications work, and the drawbacks/ lessons you have learned with your
own cars.

I intend to use the car as a daily driver, with occasional use at 'Driving
Schools' on the track.  I am the type who accelerates for corners (hence, my
love of Alfas!) and I do plan on using the car in the rain and maybe even a
little snow.  I drive on regular roads, and don't really enjoy scraping the
center muffler like I do in my other (very lowered) Milano Gold.  I want to
get better handling (wheels, tires, springs, shocks, sway bars, torsion
bars, etc.), a little more power, better sound (inside and out!) and I want
to make the car look better too.  Mostly, I prefer the stock look better
than any body kit, but I would be interested in making the front end look a
bit more aggressive with a larger front spoiler, shaving the badging off the
rear, and adding a 'Fuba' style antenna on the rear of the roof.  In the
interior, I am having the seats and headliner re-done in a nice red and
black theme (better looking and longer lasting than the stock Recaro
material), and I would like to replace the large steering wheel with a
smaller, more sleek wheel.

Any help would be appreciated!

Here is what I am looking at doing (over the next year or so):
a.    Exhaust
b.    Suspension/ brakes
c.    Wheels/ Tires
d.    Steering wheel/ interior bits
e.    Stereo
f.     Bodywork & Paint
g.    Better engine breathing
h.    Better Lighting

As an aside, this might be an interesting thread for many other
'Digestibles'.

Thanks,
Alex Csank
'69 Spider 1300 Junior