RE: Berlina Driveshaft Vibration

When I first purchased my Berlina it had some horrible vibration at all
speeds. I suspected the U-Joints but it ended up that the transmission
mount was completely toasted. I had that fixed and my mechanic also
fiddled with the drive shafts to try and balance them a bit more. It
helped. The vibration, while not completely gone, isn't as noticable.

When it really shows up is at around 30-35mph w/ gas feathered as you
mentioned. I can speed out of it at about 40mph but it never quite goes
away (it's not wheel alignment because the vibration is not felt through
the steering wheel). As to what it might be...I couldn't tell you. I'm
going to try using the hose clamp trick to see if that helps balance the
drive a bit more. The running theory is that on my Berlina some PO
Frankensteined two drive shaft pieces from two different cars. They are
not a matched pair.

Latest Berlina news:

She won't start. Blah. I think there is a short somewhere. I think it
may have to do with the that cold start trick that ppl did way back
when...mines got a toggle switch with wires that run to the Spica. Other
then that I drove the beejeebus out of it this weekend and man it was
fun. Friday she get's new tie rods. Yay! Happy birthday to me!!

I still haven't been able to check out those two other Berlinas I
tracked down. I'm hoping for *maybe* this weekend.

Damian

Damian Magista
73 Berlina
87 Milano