Alfetta master cylinder rebuild results

Over the weekend I tackled the Alfetta master cylinder rebuild.  I thought it would be a 2-3 hour job but it turned into a two-day testy.  There were no responses to my post of help on Saturday, so after solving the problem I am posting the results for the sake of something in the archive.

My problem was that after the rebuild, the cylinder would not pump fluid through the outlet ports.  Fortunately, I bench tested before reinstalling on the car.  The problem turned out to be the holes in the bottom of the two inlet ports where the plastic reservoir plugs in.  Remove the two rubber grommets to see full access to the two holes in the bottom of each port.  One hole is (relatively) large the other is tiny.  My problem was clogging of the "tiny" holes.  Finally after using compressed air to blow out the holes, things worked.  Even then I had to repeat the compressed air purge twice before things work.

(Also, on my car, the sealing gasket at the rear of the cylinder was bad allowing fluid into the vacuum power boost unit.  I siphoned out the fluid and soak up the rest with a shop rag.)

FWIW for those who may encounter this in the future.

Don

PS.  Does anyone know the thread size for the Alfetta bleed screws?